Re: VOIP Challenges...

There may be some other errors, but right up front it appears the sum of the
rates of your child classes (1:10, 1:20, 1:30) are greater than the ceiling of
your parent class (1:1). You need to divide them up based on the ceiling of
240kbit.

for example:
1:10 112kbit
1:20 64kbit
1:30 64kbit

Dan-

Quoting Some Clown <systemic@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Greetings -

I'm new to QoS, so please be gentle (and yes, I've RTFM, though I don't
understand every bit of it)

Here's the thing; I've tried several scripts--simple and complex--for
classifying my Vonage traffic into a high-priority queue, but no matter what
I do it doesn't seem to work.  Right now I'm using the HTB script I'll
include below, which is a mashing together of several scripts I've found
along with a lot of the LARTC HOWTO stuff.  Bottom line; if I load up my
*outbound* connection and then try to make a Vonage call, my voice is so
chopped up at the other end that noone can understand me.

If it makes a difference, I *am* getting a few errors when I run this
script, but I'm a relative newbie to QoS so I'm not sure where my errors
lie.  I also thought that I might be having trouble with my MARKs in
IPTABLES, so I tossed in a line to filter based on IP DST/SRC instead of
relying on the marks (in a different, working IPTABLES script).

Any ideas?

Thanks.