Re: Tools to get current bandwidth of queue or speed rate?

On Monday 14 February 2005 19:50, Vincent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does there exist any tool that can report the current bandwidth
> information that is managed by tc(traffic control) tool.
> I can use the tool to get the current(or accumulated) bandwidth used by
> each tc queue.

<snip>
> But if I want to know what is the value of throughput on eth0/eth1
> currently.
> And the value of throughput will be refreshed every period of time. How
> can I do??

You can always run `ifconfig eth0` and look at the TX line, then do that again
in 10 seconds and calculate and graph the difference.  That's your TX rate.
You can do the same thing for your qdiscs, too.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator