Re: TCP window based shaping

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 06:18:01PM +0000, Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> Are we all on the same page as to what the problem is?  Any more
> thoughts on how to tackle it?  I'm still not convinced that delaying
> ACK's is really any better than the current option to buffer incoming
> data.

basically, we have smaller queue because  we are queueing the small ack, not
the big data transfer on the downlink.

and delaying ack is the first step to do the delay+advertised window resize
that maybe someone (me?) will do in the future.

> I guess the receiving machine TCP stack gets it earlier so the
> app looks more responsive, but other than the lower lag I don't see much
> difference really?
>
> Curious to hear how your project gets on though!  Please keep us informed!

of course! :)

--
BOFH excuse #208:

Your mail is being routed through Germany ... and they're censoring us.