How to save ip route 2 commands

Hello List,

I configured a GRE tunnel between a Linux server & Cisco. I would like to
save the commands somewhere so that next time the machine boots up the
tunnel will be formed automatically. One way is to put the commands in
rc.local file. But I want to know if there is a way to save these commands
through the IP route 2 utility. Doesn't ip route 2 utility offer a way to
save the configurations/commands? Does it save the settings in some files,
may be in /etc or some directory?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Deepak Seshadri
Technical Support Engineer
Broadband Maritime, Inc.
61 Broadway, Suite 1905
New York, NY 10006
Tel: 1-212-405-1055
Fax: 1-212-214-0949
E-mail: dseshadri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

confidential, proprietary or legally privileged material. You, must not,
directly or indirectly, disclose, distribute, forward or copy any part of
this message or any of its attachments without the permission of Broadband
Maritime Inc.