Re: How to bond pppoe links

Damjan wrote:
I have three ADSL lines that I'd like to use as one big pipe to the
internet. The ADSL service works by establishing a pppoe connection (the
ADSL "modem" is a bridge), and each pppoe interface gets its own IP
address. This means I'd have to have 4 ethernet interfaces (3 for each
of the ADSL modems and 1 for the LAN) in my gateway. I'd setup the
gateway to NAT the LAN computers.

Now, I'm not completely sure how would this work, and what to expect.
Any suggestions from someone that has done this (or similar scenario)?

Yes it is possible, though it may make only sense iff you have several clients behind the gateway (since for example http is a stateless protocol where most often every single picture and page is fetched using another tcp connection and if you balance it always, you are constantly switching the source ip which breaks ssl and session tracking. Generally you always use the same link for the same destination, which means less balancing, so you need more clients to even it out again)

But for help, I have found the nano-howto extremely useful.
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nano.txt

--

C U