Re: kernel configuration and tc commands for traffic shaping

Hi,

   First of all, you have to know what you really want. What
discipline will you use, what kind of filtering you'll implement. Such
simple and not abstract questions will have the answers in the LARTC
document if you read it profusely. CBQ or HTB? (I'd prefer HTB
myself). u32 or FWMARK? Then you'll know which kernel options are to
be set and which tools you'll need: iproute2 tc tool and iptables or
just iptables.
   After that, everything will be just syntax and logics.

--
Aghi
<ahollanda % gmail dot com>