Re: SEPARATING VOIP AND SURFING

Well, as I promised, here I am again :-)

I have not got ESFQ yet, but what I think really
helped was shorting bandwidth capacity to its 88%.
But here I have a new problem again:  there are
certain moments when I am really running out of
bandwidth.  The scenario now is as follows:

I am using my linux box as a router;  forwarding
packages from on subnet to another.  But, since I have
only one interface (eth0) for this purpose, both
incoming and outgoing traffic passes for this
interface.  So, I though it was correct to duplicate
bandwidth capacity (512kbit * 88% = 450kbit * 2 =
900kbit), considering that I have 512kbit for uplink
and 512 for downlink.  So, I am now considering a
rate/ceil of 900kbit for eth0 on my script.
Everything appeared to be OK, But, since I did this
change, there are certain moments that I run out of
downlink bandwidth, so, I think the script is trying
to take more thank the total 512 of downlink I have.

So, my question would be, how to 'divide' or
'recognize' incoming and outgoing traffic, and to
treat it as different channels??  I was thinking about
using a IMQ device for incoming traffic, but this
apperas to be a 'little bit' more complicated that
what I expected.  So, may it be a way to do this
without installing IMQ ??

Very thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Ricardo.