Re: Limit traffic that use to download a file

EC wrote:
Rinto Exandy wrote:

Dear All,

I want to limit traffic that use by my client to download files
directly from browser, I have already limit the traffic for the same
purpose to ftp connection. But I don't want to limit traffic that using

for

browsing the web. Can I do this with IMQ/HTB or any other method to
make this happen.

There is a patch at www.netfilter.org called connbytes, you could use this to seperate big http downloads from the smaller ones.

This patch is considered experimental.

It seems OK for me (many months) on 2.4 - I haven't tried it on 2.6 yet.

If you want connbytes and connmark you need more than POM though.

Someone posted a patch to this list a while back that let you use both together.

Andy.