Beginer question

Hi, list members.

I've been reading a lot about traffic control because
at work we have the following configuration......

			 LINUX
			  BOX
			 _____
	100 mbit	|	|
LAN1--------------|eth0	|
			|	|	2 mbit SDSL
			| eth1|-------------------INTERNET
	100 mbit	|	|
LAN2--------------|eth2	|
			|	|
			-------

The linux box (REDHAT 9-2.4.20-30.9) acts as a firewall-NAT
solution for both internal networks.
Also the linux acts as SMTP gateway (or redirector) for two
different domains handled by mail servers on each internal LAN.
SQUID is on the linux too and serves LAN1 requests.

I have to manage the bandwidth of our Internet connection so LAN1 gets 1.5
mbit
to serve Windows 2000 terminal server for outside clients, Web requests and
SMTP.
Also web navigation from internal clients.

LAN2 gets 512 kbit for SMTP and Web navigation.

So I'm really messed up with the direction of the traffic control ("you can
only shape your outgoing traffic")
and which discipline should I use.

If you can help here I would really appreciate it.

ATTE.

Mauricio Parada C.

Teléfono: (56)-2-4756376
Movil:    (56)-9-8487134