Re: What is the reccomended minimum rate for leaf htb classfor accurate operation?

> mjoachimiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Your gues is right. To get HTB work correctly you must know rate
parameter
> > for your connection also known as CIR.
> > Coud you tell what minimum rate your clients have?
>
> My worst HTB class has rate&ceil 778bps.
>
> I guess the lower the rate, the less accurate the result. It can't be
> accurate, because the class already exceeds it's limit by sending just
> one single packet.
I agree. As far as I know average MTU is 1500bytes. I have rate
13kbit/8=1625bytes so the limit should not be reached. Maybe there is
overhead on ppp link and with this overhead clients gets congested?
What do you think?
Any ideas?