Re: Re: Bandwidth Metering

Hey Patrick

I seem to have forgotten the point that you want to relate the bandwidth
usages to a user. In the perl script you posted a link for, the author
uses lsof. This sollution is ok, if the connection is still in the list,
however if you accumulate in a log from netfilter, the probability of
the connection still being active is reduced and not reliable. Is there
a specific reason why you want to map the user accounts, and are these
accounts system or actual users?. If they are just system accounts
running daemons, there are no point in mapping them.

If you still need the mapping, I will help you with the perl script, if
not we can use some of the previously sugested ideas.

Perhaps a more detailed description of the usage/problem would help
allot.

Daniel Frederiksen, Cyberdoc.dk