Re: Re: Bandwidth Metering

Hej Patrick

Again there might be to ways I think. You could log the traffic via
libpcap or netfilter.

Netfilter could be set up to log specific traffic and afterwords you
could parse the logfile and flush it. The collected data could then be
put into a RRD base and graphed. The parsing of the logfiles is quite
simple.

Libpcap can do pretty much the same. However it might use up more CPU
and memory in the process. I guess I could whip up a perlscript that
uses libpcap to do that, if you don't know how.

There are other projects out there resembling all this, but with a lot
of other features included. Although I can't remember them at the time.
*ponders*. If it comes back to me I'll post it.

Best regards
Daniel Frederiksen, Cyberdoc.dk