Re: Help! VLAN tagged traffic not shaping :-(

Hi Trevor,

My linux box has 2 interfaces (eth0 and eth1). These are bridged to form br0.
All web/email traffic is sent to IMQ (via netfilter) and shaped.

The VLAN traffic just has a 4-byte 802.1Q header between the ethernet header and
the IP header (which is stripped off by br_netfilter.c so iptables can "see" the
underlying IP packet).

The problem is the VLAN packets (which contain web/email traffic) are seen and
marked by netfilter and pass through IMQ but are not shaped (whereas regular
web/email traffic is shaped).

At the moment i'm trying to strip the VLAN header before it enters the scheduler
and then restore it after it is dequeued (in a similar way that br_netfilter.c
does). However, i'm not confident that this will make much difference as it
appears that when the skbuff enters the scheduler, skbuff->data already points
to the same place as skbuff->nh.raw which is correctly pointing to the IP
header. So as far as the scheduler is concerned, it "sees" an IP packet.

What was the problem you had with IPSec traffic and how did you overcome it?

Regards,
John