Re: imq config

Hi Joel, you didn't told us details about your scenario or special needs but to me you don't look like a candidate for IMQ. It is ment to be used when you need to set global defaults or when you need to use egress filter features on ingress traffic.

Based in your message I supose that a qdisc of 100Kbps and child qdiscs of 50 or 60Kbps would do what you need. This way it will restrict traffic to 100Kbps and child classes will borrow from each other when possible, but never higher then their parent.

Hope it helps...

Andre

Joel n.solanki wrote:
Dear all,

I know this is not imq mailing list. But many of the users over here
have done exactly what i want.

Requirement:- I want to tight bound eth1 for 100 kbps
but after i want to create many classes of 64 kbps or 50 kbps and
others. But the total sum of classes is more than 100 kbps so my eth1 is
not restrciting total bandwidth at 100kbps.

According to search on google imq is the solution.

So any body over here have done this type of configuration.
if any plz give me some little examples.

I have already patched and compiled the imq and kernel.
Now need to configure imq.

Any help ???

Regards,