Re: HTB problem...

Am Tuesday 07 September 2004 23:18 schrieb Cow:
> zytec: (?)
> > I assume that you want somethink like:
> > data from server to LAN (PC1,PC2) unshaped (full 100mbit)
> > data from Internet to LAN shaped
>
> Correct.

Not really an example, but you may have a look at my script [1].

It solves the 100Mbit LAN vs internet traffic by using a class setup which
looks like [2], which reminds me that I did a modification to wondershaper
once [3] that does the same. I think this modification was reported to
work, however I haven't tested it nor do I support it. Maybe it serves as
an example...

I'm using a fat HTB class which knows the true interface bandwidth (100MBit
isn't actually right, you should measure what rates you really get). Then
there's a child class for the internet traffic and one for the actual LAN
traffic. If HTB works correctly, this way you get full speed for LAN-only
transfers, without letting them interfere with the internet traffic.

The script [1] is the one I'm (more or less) actively working on; it
doesn't support custom rates per user yet, but that's something that'll be
added for sure in one of the next releases.

HTH
Andreas

[1] http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat/
[2] http://www.metamorpher.de/files/wshaper-over-lan.png