Re: Large number of HTB classes

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 12:22:13PM +0200, Simon Lodal wrote:

> HFSC seems interesting, but does it really work well? I am not afraid of
> new stuff, but bleeding edge is probably too risky.

I'am running HFSC for network with 4,5k users, handling about 100Mb/s internet
traffic with 25kpacket/s without any problems.

> That HTB problem, I guess you mean it is possible to have available
> bandwidth, but when some of it has been distributed between users, all
> users' ceils go below their quantums?

no

> But that implies that users have low ceils? Wouldn't it be solved by
> setting all users' ceil to the full link bandwidth?

ceil is set to the full link bandwidth. I dosen't help.

> The doubly linked list patch you mention, I believe it should be in
> vanilla kernel since 2.4.20-22 or something? I use 2.4.27 here. If not,
> do you have a link for it?

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/netdev/archive/2004-08/msg00348.html

Consider also using rbtree HFSC patches.

--
Tomasz Paszkowski