Re: trouble with nexthop when I try to load balance

	Hello,

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 mschonfeld@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have two internet lines and I want to do equal cost loadbalancing on the two
> uplinks to the internet. This is what I do:

	You need to add ip rules for all tables, before they are
used from other gateways in other routes. Then the kernel will see the
routes in your tables, the gateways will become reachable and visible
for all other routes you are adding. The difference is that you do not
add the link routes in table main, for some reason you decided to
add them in unused tables and the following command can not see
the GWs.

> ip route add default scope global nexthop via 100.100.100.254 \
>                                   nexthop via 200.200.200.254
>
> The last command fails with the message:"RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument".
> I found a posts that says to fix the iproute2/ip/iproute.c:parse_nexthops()
> with change like this:
>         rtnh->rtnh_ifindex = 0;
> +       rtnh->rtnh_flags = 0;
> +	rtnh->rtnh_hops = 0;
>  	rta->rta_len += rtnh->rtnh_len;
>
> I fixed the file, but get the same error "Invalid argument".
> I don't know why it fails. I have a 2.4.20 kernel with Julian Anastasov's
> patches. iproute2 version ss010824.

	Better use latest versions of iproute2.

> I really need the solution to this issue. Please help me :(
> Thanks in advance

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>