Re: Gamest and QoS

On 18 Aug, Marcin Sura wrote:

>   Without QoS, while uploading some files via ftp i have pings (in my favourite
>   game) 1000+. With my qos script my ping lower to 150 - 300, but is
>   very unstable.
>
>   Is there any way to configure htb, to have good, __STABLE__ pings ( 40 - 100)
>   while other people exploring the internet.

I'm new to this, but I plan on doing what you describe eventually.  From
what I read the most important thing will be to use the prio parameter
and set the game class lower than all the other classes.  That should
ensure a game packet always goes out first.  I'd also make sure your
ceil isn't set higher than your adsl can realistically achieve.  Perhaps
lowering the burst on the other links might help too.

One question I'd be wondering, is how to filter the game packets into
the class.  I'm a UT2k4 fan, and it's not as easy as just filtering
based on port as the server ports are all over the map.  Perhaps one
would have to look at the packet size instead.  Hopefully it would be
constant or small.

Certainly let me/us know how it goes!