Gamest and QoS

Hi

  I share my bandwith (adsl 512/128) between 12 users. I set up simple qos script for
  incoming (IMQ) and outgoing traffic using htb in root, 4 classess and esfq qdisc at
  leafs.

  Interactive traffic goeas to class1 , http,mail etc. to class2, p2p,
  ftp to class3, and rest to class4. Classess divide link in
  proportion 20% (prio 1), 40% (prio 2), 20% (prio 3) ,20% (prio 4)

  This works very well when users surfing internet (www,mail, ssh), but is
  insufficient when i really need low, stable latency for example for games.
  Games traffic  is in class1.

  Without QoS, while uploading some files via ftp i have pings (in my favourite
  game) 1000+. With my qos script my ping lower to 150 - 300, but is
  very unstable.

  Is there any way to configure htb, to have good, __STABLE__ pings ( 40 - 100)
  while other people exploring the internet.

  Is use default htb parameters, maybe i must change some of them? Any
  suggestions?

--
Pozdrawiam
 Marcin                         mailto:slacklist@xxxxx