Install tcng

I spent a few hours trying to install the entire tcng system, including the simulator, on a Fedora Core 2 box last night.

I read about the restrictions on which kernels and versions of iproute2 the ./configure script would accept, but figured anything more recent than the older versions mentioned in the README would probably work, but I never actually read the script. Its references to 2.5 (test) kernels gave me the impression it would work on the production 2.6 series.

Well, I was wrong. After installing the current source rpm for the kernel and iproute2, and doing a partial rpmbuild on iproute2 using the -bp option to apply a dozen patches that come with the source rpm from Fedora, I had source trees I thought were acceptable. Running ./configure with appropriate -k, -i, and --with-tcsim options, it complained about the 2.6 kernel source and version of iproute2.

Does anyone know of a way to put tcng on a fully patched FC2 installation?
If I tweak the configure script to not check versions to force it to run, will that get me anywhere?

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill@xxxxxxx