iptables mark + openvpn will the mark survive ?

Greetings,

I want to setup bandwidth restrictions for a few clients that use openvpn to
connect to my server. I'm using iptables to mark the packets in the mangle
table (PRE/POSTROUTING) on eth0 before they get sent via the tunnel. Will the
mark survive even if the packets then get routed via an openvpn tunnel (tunX)
out the box or does openvpn change it removing the mark ?

damnit, just as I think I'm starting to understand this stuff, I get confused
all over.

tx.

e.