Re: help on ADSL shaping

Am Monday 02 August 2004 00:27 schrieb jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> In the village whera I live we have created a wireless local network
> consisting of 10 houses. One of these houses has an ADSL connection and
> services this connection to the other houses.

Well, you could have a look at the existing shaper scripts,
for example my own ;-) which deals with this kind of problem;
however, I never tested it with WLAN, only in a cable-based LAN,
where all clients are in the same subnet and all IPs are known.

It's located here: http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat/

I'm still working on some new features like load balancing (multiple
links), and dynamic IP (DHCP) support with multiple subnets, and firewall
support, but those are still far away from being completed.

My page also describes exactly the kind of setup I use, so even if the
script is not useful to you, you might at least get some ideas on how to
do shaping in your own situation.

Andreas