RE: TC Hashing Filters

gypsy wrote:
> Your script can be modified to display the line with the substitutions
> and to exit when executing causes an error.  What I envision is that
> you'll watch 2000+ lines of good stuff scroll by and that the final
line
> will be your Bad Boy.  And the last few lines are what we all are
> holding our breath to see <grin>.

I have done as you suggested (actually, if you noticed in the Action
subroutine, all the error reporting from before was still there I just
commented it out) and this is what I've come up with. This is the last
known good command and then the command that errors, as well as the
error message, and the counter I added back in.

Performing: /sbin/tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: u32 ht
2:54: match ip dst 216.19.20.84 flowid 1:FFFB
2045
Performing: /sbin/tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: u32 ht
2:2E: match ip dst 216.19.46.46 flowid 1:FFFB
WHOOPS: RTNETLINK answers: File exists

The error exists on the 2046th command. Any tc filter command I try to
add from here on out gives me the same error even if I try it manually
instead of using the script. I examined the previous commands that
worked fine and there are plenty that dump into the 2:2E: table.

> I think the line above should count down from 65535, not up.

As you can see, I did this as you suggested. I like it better because it
keeps things very separate so there's no confusion. Thanks for the
suggestion.

> Sorry, that's all I have time for now.
Any time you can spare is incredibly helpful. Thank you.

Adam Towarnyckyj