RE: Is Linux based Router feasible

I spent a few years developing routers just small parts of them. I cannot speak much on protocol implementation. But just as a point most routers you buy use vxWorks/PSOS as an embedded OS although most that I know now who can afford to do so are moving to embedded linux. They then buy stacks which implement protocols these stacks when you go through the source generall have BSD,GPL licences in the source. So understand that most of the sofware base has come from open source communities. And I find it to be better written cause the source base has matured. The only thing a company adds is a warranty. IOS is a different kettle of fish its very well guarded. But I firmly believe if you investigate your HW well you will get the same results if not better and with more functionality. Which will also stop router companies holding people to ransom because they want there bugs fixed. Stick with linux I suggest.