From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Sudheer Divakaran
Sent: 08 July 2004 12:30
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Is Linux based Router feasible

Hi,

I've a local LAN consisting of about 150 machines.  I'm using a Linux
machine as the gateway machine which inturn connects to two different
ISPs.  My question is can a Linux based machine match the performance of
a hardware based routers provided by Cisco,... OR is my decision to go
for a Linux based solution is a wrong one?.

Is there so much difference between these two solutions?

Can I achieve the same performance using a high end PC and Linux?

 I'm asking this because one guy told me that my decision to go for a
Linux based solution is a wrong one and it can never match the
performance of Routers provided by Cisco.

Thanks
Sudheer

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this email and
document(s) attached are for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential, privileged and non-disclosable information. If the recipient of this email is not the addressee, such recipient is strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distribution or otherwise using this email or its contents in any way. Please notify the Sapiens (UK) Ltd. Systems Administrator via e-mail immediately at networksupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you have received this email in error.

Disclaimer: The views, opinions and guidelines contained in this confidential e-mail are those of the originating author and may not be representative of Sapiens (UK) Ltd.