FW: FW: Static ip addresses/aliases previously (my mistake) htb: class 10007 isn't work conserving ?!

>>eth1 & eth2 are both connected to the EN5861 router.  I've done that
>>because I couldn't work out any other way to use the static IP address
>>that out ISP have given us.
>>

>Aha, this is a config question.  You can just add as many ip addresses to
each physical card as you like.  I forget the exact syntax, but check man
pages for "ifconfig" and look for "aliases".

Right getting the hang of this now, managed to set up aliases for eth0 named
eth0:0 and eth0:1 with the correct Ip addresses but how can I route with
them? When I do something like ip route add default dev eth0:0 it complains
that it cant find eth0:0 as its not a real adapter.  I've been searching on
google to no avail and have come to a bit of a full stop.

Cheers.