Static ip addresses/aliases previously (my mistake) htb: class 10007 isn't work conserving ?!

>>Our ISP has given us 5 static IP address plus one router IP address
>>and I was wondering if I could get rid of their stupid EN5861 router
>>and set up the linux machine to handle all the static addresses and
>>routing.  I figured I'd have to set up alises for other IP addresses
>>eg ifconfig eth0:0
>>xx.xx.xx.193 but once I've done that I've found out I cant use ip
>>route to configure it eg ip route add default dev eth0:0 table server.
>>Whats the best way to go about this?
>>
>>Cheers.
>>
>>By the way I'm running redhat 9 with two adsl connections, on is a
>>speedtouch USB modem and the other is the EN5861 router.
>>

>I'm not quite sure why you tagged this on to the end of a thread about htb
classes?  As a result many people may not even read your question...?

Erm no reason I was just half asleep at the time.

>I have one of those EN5861 router things, and actually I find it pretty
>good.  The biggest issue is that it's a bit of a timebomb, the
>powersupply dies after a few years, and unless you have a spare it's a
>bit of a weak link

>Do you need to do some particularly advanced routing that's stopping you
just using the en5861?

No I am using the EN5861, just that we have two ADSL lines and only one
EN5861 and rather than buying another I'd like to use linux to do the same
job as the en5861, if you know what I mean.

So far I've set up ppp0:0 which I've assigned one of the static ip addresses
supplied to us by our ISP but when I try and route through it i.e. ip route
add default dev ppp0:0 table T1 then it returns the error no such device,
which it's quite right there isn't.  If I route through it using the ip
address of ppp0:0 i.e ip route add default via x.x.x.193 table T1 then it
does work but anything that goes through it ends up using the IP address of
ppp0.

So how can I set up the linux box to use these static IP addresses in the
same way I can with the EN5861?

I hope I'd made myself clear, it's hard trying to explain something when
your not to sure exactly what your talking about.  Anyway any help with be
gladly received.

Cheers,

Chris.