Re: htb: class 10007 isn't work conserving ?!

Our ISP has given us 5 static IP address plus one router IP address and I
was wondering if I could get rid of their stupid EN5861 router and set up
the linux machine to handle all the static addresses and routing.  I figured
I'd have to set up alises for other IP addresses eg ifconfig eth0:0
xx.xx.xx.193 but once I've done that I've found out I cant use ip route to
configure it eg ip route add default dev eth0:0 table server.  Whats the
best way to go about this?

Cheers.

By the way I'm running redhat 9 with two adsl connections, on is a
speedtouch USB modem and the other is the EN5861 router.

I'm not quite sure why you tagged this on to the end of a thread about htb classes? As a result many people may not even read your question...?

I have one of those EN5861 router things, and actually I find it pretty good. The biggest issue is that it's a bit of a timebomb, the powersupply dies after a few years, and unless you have a spare it's a bit of a weak link

Do you need to do some particularly advanced routing that's stopping you just using the en5861?

Good luck

Ed W