Re: Frottle + Bridge + IMQ

To be able to serve them in a
predetermined, controlled fashion I want to put all traffic that goes
out of eighter LAN NIC into IMQ device and impose QoS policy on top of
it. This will allow to use in the most efficient manner all available
WAN bandwidth.

Perhaps I misunderstand, but for outoing on the WAN interface you can attach stuff directly. For incoming you can use iptables to direct it to the IMQ device.

Are you saying that using iptables on the WAN interface to direct stuff to IMQ then causes problems if you use iptables on the wireless interface (to direct to frottle)? I would have thought you have a clear partition on when to use each redirection?

If not, then with some limitations you can of course attach qdiscs to the outbound on each of the wireless and wired interfaces. This makes it harder to limit inoming bandwidth, but may be sufficient in some circumstances.

If you have simple incoming requirements you could also look at GRED which can be attached to the incoming interface, and has multiple queues. See
http://www.opalsoft.net/qos/DS-27.htm

For iptables patches you really want to post to the iptables guys I should think?

Ed W