Re: which is more appropiate for a ciber-cafe LAN ?

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 10:50, Andreas Klauer wrote:
> Am Tuesday 22 June 2004 16:18 schrieb ThE LinuX_KiD:
> > FairNat ?
> > http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat/
>
> You tell us what works best for you -
>
> I honestly don't know how good or bad my script will perform
> for you; I only tested it in small networks (5 clients at home).
> I got some positive feedback from people using slightly larger
> networks like yours, which suggests that it might do something
> useful, but you really have to try it out for yourself.

I had considerable success using Andreas' HTB + PRIO per-user configuration
which I adapted to my own purposes.  I found it to be slightly snappier than
assigning a bunch of HTB children per parent.  I also stuck p2p traffic in a
fourth bucket, as he did.  Works nice. :)

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator