Re: How to block connections on spanned host ?

Is there a way to reset or block connections with linux which is
connected on same eth.hub with wireless acc.point (spanned host)? If I
turn to promisc mode I can see whole traffic on network . I have p2p
monitor running on linux and monitoring wireles AP which give my source
an dest address and source an dest port information. So I need block
this problematic connection. Linux computer can't act in gateway role.

Well you can't block packets unless you can block packets (if you see what I mean)

Probably all you could do is investigate iptables and sending an RST packet on every connection that you don't like. This won't stop UDP though

Have you considered putting two net cards in your linux machine and setting the machine up as a transparent ethernet bridge. You don't need to change any config on the client machines, but now you effectively have an invisible machine sitting inline that can block or prioritise traffic

Ed W