Re: management of virus and p2p-traffic

The Windows machines with their viruses give me a
headache. I do not want to enforce remote Windows patching and
virusscanner updating. It should also be taken into account that there
is nearly no money available for any special equipment. Best would be to
get this job done with a couple of old computers.

One thing you could address is that most virus's arrive via smtp. Can you scan inbound smtp traffic, perhaps with clamav? Or do users have their own external email accounts?

Ed W