Re: patch: HTB update for ADSL users

After further investigation I think you need the patch a little more like this for PPPoE and the params you gave (Andy do you think this looks OK?) Please let me know if this works for you.

Duh, scratch that. I think the original patch will work for PPPoE (give or take).

Can someone help work out how the heck you calculate the real usage of a packet over PPPoE? Reading a bit further I get the impression that you have an 8 byte overhead for PPPoE, then it still travels down an ATM circuit (just like PPPoA)? Can anyone confirm or deny? I have seen some reports that you actually have two ethernet frames wrapped inside each other (which is very inefficient), but I can't see which is right?

If it's the former, then I think the original patch will work well enough for PPPoE people, it's 2 bytes out, but that shouldn't really show up.

Can someone please try and report back

Thanks

Ed W