Re: How to limit per tcp session ?

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

Okay, then let me describe whats on my mind to help develope this project (if someone dare to start make a project)

The idea perhaps like this:
Let say i'm goin to download some graphics from www.lartc.org. The first session i opened my browser, created connection localhost:3101 --> www.lartc.org:80, the 2nd, localhost:3102 --> www.lartc.org:80, and so on.
So as you could see, this is the key. Source port, not Destination port.
Every time you open new window of your browser and connect to some host, they create other originating port which is completely different from the 1st.

Hmm, I think the ESFQ module *might* be able to do a little of what you ask if you hash on port? Worth a look anyway. In fact you might even be able to tweak the code to hash on something different?

You could probably do the hash bit, but (e)sfq doesn't rate limit, so rate per tcp would vary with the number of connections.

Andy.