Re: How to limit per tcp session ?

I've been told previously that this was not possible for the current setup
(though I'd be happy to be corrected now).  I was wondering how one would
go about funding such an effort to be added to the current tc?  I've heard
from several people who would be interested, and it seems that it should
be feasible to add to the current tc programs (though I admit ignorance in
the simplicity).

If there are any kernel/tc developers reading, I'd be interested in
finding out what it would take to have this added (as apparently would
others).

Thanks,

Bill

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> Rio Martin wrote:
>
> >Dear folks,
> >I ve fully read lartc.txt document to make sure my question still unexplained
> >in that document. I want to limit per tcp session, how to do that with HTB or
> >CBQ ?
> >
> >Inside lartc.txt, there is an example for full NAT QoS solution, but thats not
> >what i meant.
> >

> Yes, I would be interested to hear any ideas on how to do this.  Think
> of running a hosted ASP type box where people can connect from anywhere,
> but you want to limit each to (say) a max of 5Kbyte/s, perhaps with some
> burstable excess, but that's optional.
>
> Ed W

"If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and
warnings, do not use this product."
  -- drain cleaner warning label