Re: Re: Shaping incoming traffic on the other interface

Am Thursday 10 June 2004 22:07 schrieb Greg Stark:
> One thing I'm wondering, is it possible in iptables to mark all packets
> after some amount of traffic?

Can probably be done with connbytes.

> bittorrent has a habit of occasionally using random ports

I think there was a patch on the BT mailing list a few weeks ago
that solves this random port problem (on your side). Other clients
of course can choose whatever ports they like.

If that isn't possible, you probably need IPP2P or l7-filter and
CONNMARK to identify BT traffic.

> So if iptables knew that that flow had already transfered more
> than some threshold of data it could downgrade it.

connbytes again, but that won't work well for BT, since it opens
many connections all the time.

HTH
Andreas