Re: Shaping incoming traffic on the other interface

Matteo Brusa <miagi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
> I have a typical configuration for my firewall/gateway box: single network
> card, with a pppoe connection to the DSL modem.
> I'm already successfully shaping the uplink (how come that the
> wondershaper.htb doesn't use the ceil parameter? It should implement bandwidth
> borrowing!) but i found the ingress policy a little bit rough.
> I'd like to keep the traffic categories i have in the uplink: ssh, web and batch.
> The goal is to discard packets of the lowest class first, then the middle, and so on.
> I've implemented a simmetrical downlink version of the uplink shaping on eth0,
> the other interface. However, i get this error (warning?) in the log:
> 	pppoe[29606]: send (sendPacket): No buffer space available

Hm, I just did exactly the same thing here. I don't see this.

What do your filters look like?

I do see
 HTB: dequeue bug (8), report it please !
which I think is because i have too low burst/cburst settings.

My settings currently look like:

tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1   htb rate ${BW}kbit burst 8k cburst 8k
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate ${BW80}kbit ceil ${BW}kbit burst 8k cburst 8k prio 1
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:20 htb rate ${BW10}kbit ceil ${BW}kbit burst 4k cburst 1k prio 2
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:30 htb rate ${BW10}kbit ceil ${BW}kbit burst 2k cburst 1k prio 3

(where ${BWxx} == xx% of the total bandwidth I want on that link)

--
greg