Re: iptables/cpu utilization

Suppose I forgot to say, this is with 2.6.6 kernel and a dual xeon 2.8..
I also noticed another major problem is that NOTHING is set up for SMP..
NO matter how many packets i'm routing or filtering it ALWAYS USES ONE
CPU and it's ALWAYS SOFTIRQ that uses all the CPU usage.. It's driving
me crazy.. there has to be a bug somewhere that's causing cpu usage,
either that or the software is SO poorly written that 100,000 packets
per second bring the whole box to it's knees.. it would be sad
and god no i'd never use conntrack.. even 10000 pps and conntrack dies a
horrible death.. what a nasty piece of code :)