Re: iptables mangle table PREROUTING rule with -o flag

On Thursday 03 June 2004 07:30, John B Dunning/NS/WSC wrote:
> Greetings all,

<snip>
> the mangle table because normally it would make no sense.  Would it be
> possible to modify iptables to allow -o device in the PREROUTING list if
> the device type is IMQ??

If it is, you'd have to ask the Netfilter people.

You might have to switch to using -j MARK or, if possible, mark in the
POSTROUTING chain.  I have been using CLASSIFY in POSTROUTING with success,
but I don't use IMQ.  I have HTB on my Internet facing interface and shape
all outbound traffic through it.