Re: shaping

Hi Mike                                          >@2004.05.31_15:17:21_+0200

I have thought of that, but that is not ideal for a couple of reasons, the
two most important being:

 (a) You can't add 1 leaf node at a time with HTB or CBQ which makes it
     rather messy to add large numbers of rules.

 (b) I'm not sure what HTB will do if you lie about the total rate. We have
     tried this on various occassions and in all cases HTB just didn't work
     if you did this - not even the guaranteed rates worked properly.

> Not the answer you're looking for, but why not just specify your total
> bandwidth being much larger than your interface actually is and then
> subdividing into your groups?
>
> Mike.

Regards
 Abraham