From: Eicke Friedrich [mailto:tady@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 12:40 PM
To: Mihai Vlad
Subject: Re: Route P2P on separate link

Hi,

for routing decisions you can only use attributes that are already
there with the very first packet of a connection. These is usually OSI
Layer 2/3 data (IP adresses, port numbers).

IPP2P is using OSI Layer 7 pattern matching - it searches through the
payload of TCP packets. As TCP packets can only carry payload if the
connection is already established (and therefore the routing decision
is already done) you cannot use IPP2P for routing packets. IPP2P will
never match the very first packet (SYN) of a TCP connection but this
is packet where the routing decision is made.

Regards,
Eicke.