Re: how to realize "MLPPP LFI"

swcims wrote:
> Hi,Andy
> 	I don't understand what you mean.I have a adsl router based on mips linux2.4.17.In this adsl router,one side is 100Mbit ethernet card,another side is adsl line,as following:
> 	LAN------(ethernet)--------ADSL Router------(ADSL line)-------------WAN
> 	On this adsl line,it can configue rfc1483bridge or router,or pppoe to get wan ip from ISP. I think this side(upstream) is the bottleneck link. I ported iproute2/tc on this router and i can control traffice on the upstream line.
> 	But I got completely no idea for doing these: (from TR059 Technical Report DSL Forum)
> 	1.The device MUST support the capability to fragment AF and BE traffic in order to constrain the perturbing impact of AF and BE packets on EF traffic delay, for example using a mechanism such as MLPPP LFI.(RFC1990)
>  	2. The packet size threshold before fragmenting AF and BE packets MUST be configurable.
> 	Thank you very much!

What I mean is that if you want to mess around with packets below ip
level, the other end  - your ISP/teleco , will need to be running
software that knows what you are doing so that it can  reconstruct the
packets before routing.

If you have a specific need for your upstream not to be delayed more
than X ms you could adjust your MTUs/MSS clamp - the size will depend on
your bitrate and max delay required.

Andy.