QoS by customer or by service ?

I have a policy doubt.

Suppose next scenario:

I've a Internet link (1 Mb upload, and 1 Mb download).
That link is maneged with a Linux QoS box (HTB/eSFQ and so on).

Suppose that I've 50 customers sharing Internet Link, and
I must to assign 3 ranges of bandwidth for them.

Gold customers: 128 kbits
Silver customers: 64 kbits
brass customers: 32 kbits

Next, I create classes and filters in order to make
rules to share internet link, with that limitations.

But, what happen if someday I want to priorize VoIP traffic ?

1)I must to priorize VoIP traffic inside each customer class ?
2) or I must first all VoIP traffic, and next each customer class ?

I think that 1)  is correct way, because I must to respect bandwidth
for each customer, but I haven't experience with VoIP shaping

What do you think ?

best regards
andres

--