Re: Strategy for about 200 part-time users

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 17:41, Jan Wilson wrote:
<snip>
> I promise there will be a link to a well-documented Perl script when I
> get something working.  :-)  Even if it is a static arrangement, I
> want to set it up with a script that can be adjusted easily when we
> have new customers, MAC address changes, additional ADSL modems, etc.

Then indeed it does sound like you have two different but related problem sets
here.  1) You want to do bandwidth accounting for customers.  2) You want
traffic shaping to provide the smoothest service possible.

The former must have some search hits on Google I'd imagine.  Bandwidth
accounting is a popular thing.

> Thanks lots for your suggestions.

I have been following your posts with interest.  I look forward to hearing
about the solutions you devise.