Re: Strategy for about 200 part-time users

Does this strategy seem ... reasonable? Other solutions? Thanks lots.

What is your goal? Why isn't 2 buckets, one for P2P and the everything else bucket (with an SFQ on each) enough for what you want (ie what's your target?) What's wrong with the current setup (apart from wanting to switch to MAC access)?

I think I saw that there was something called ESFQ which does something similar to SFQ but on a per IP basis, rather than a per port/IP basis. Perhaps that would help? The HOWTO has an example of setting up a hash type ruleset, perhaps that could be modified to work with MAC addresses...?