De: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de Ed Wildgoose
Enviado el: martes, 18 de mayo de 2004 12:52
Para: GoMi
CC: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re:  RV: LATENCY PROBLEMS

>The load balancing is working great, we are doing connection tracking so I
>can mark and hence prioritize interactive traffic and ACKS on the upstream,
>and with ipp2p I mark p2p traffic allocating it under the non-interactive
>queue.
>
>The problem comes when there is more than 70 users + or -, when interactive
>traffic stops working at all, or it has a very VERY high latency.

On thought occurs, which is that some P2P protocols apparently misuse
the ACKs to send data:
http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/faq/cache/49.html

Could this be the cause of some of your problems?  Perhaps you should
take a closer look at your ACK traffic - you could add a SFQ (or ESFQ?)
to that queue?  Pop some stats on it and try to find out where it is
coming from and try to correlate with the traffic from that user?

Ed W