Re: Bandwith thinking error

Jason Boxman wrote:

I imagine you set $DEV to ethX, right? (In the original script it was ppp0.)

yep...

<>You'll need to patch your kernel to use either one and they both have IPTables
components you will need to use to match traffic. IPP2P needs CONNMARK,
which is available in patch-o-matic for Netfilter. Be advised that you need
the CVS version of IPTables to use CONNMARK with 2.6. IPP2P and CONNMARK
work well on my 2.4.24 kernel with the CONNMARK patch from patch-o-matic.
(The non -ng variant.) I also recommend the CLASSIFY patch if you are going
to be using IPTables anyway.

ah, I wanted to avoid kernel compiling since I run a specialized debian that's mainly intended as vdr server... I'm a bit afraid of destryoing something with vdr ;) I blew the system up a bit to make it a universal server, which was easy with debian, but I still got away without kernel compiling...

Lars