Re: help setting up router

On Thursday 13 May 2004 06:34, calin popa wrote:
> Hi,  my name is Calin and I'm new to linux, but I guess its the right place
> to ask this:
>
> what do I set on  a linux RH9 box with 2.4.24 kernel to route a 10 machine
> private network (192.168.x.x) by 3 limited bandwidth, public IPs
> (193.231.x.x). The network uses a switch, the linux box has 1 ethernet
> card, the link is available trough a wireles ethernet bridge from my ISP.
>
> I begun to read routing and IP howtos. I thing that  I need some virtual
> ethernet adapters and SNAT routing.

It sounds like you want to use NAT.  Stick another NIC in your Linux box and
configure it as your gateway.  All of that is rather simple.  I'd suggest
these documents:

http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html
http://www.linux-ip.net/html/

If you want to load balance across your three public IPs or do traffic shaping
across the wireless link, that's more ARTC.