Re: Packet marking for ingress shapping and NET

Am Monday 10 May 2004 12:10 schrieb Patrick Spousta:
> So I need mark packets to divide them to corresponding queue.

That's all right so far. But the qdisc that shapes incoming traffic usually
sits on your LAN device.

> It has a small problem. After PREROUTING some packets are routed to
> INPUT (packets intended for this machine for local processes)
>
> Does exists solution how to NAT and MARK in PREROUTING, but in this
> order?

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to do. Why do you want to mark
INPUT packets? There is no qdisc/class to put them in. As for shaping
incoming traffic that doesn't get forwarded to the LAN, I haven't found a
proper solution to do that yet. So all I can do is make sure that the
router doesn't produce any traffic (e.g. don't put a Webserver or similar
services on it).

Andreas