Re: Contact for iptables-extension "ipp2p"?

Am Monday 10 May 2004 07:23 schrieb Michael Renzmann:
> I remember someone in here was at least affiliated with the above
> mentioned ipp2p-project (an extension to iptables that allows to match
> peer-to-peer traffic).

I added (experimental) support for IPP2P recently to my Fair NAT script.
However, I also found two other projects which are pretty much capable of
the same thing: iptables-p2p and l7-filter (both on Sourceforge). However,
I haven't had the time for a closer look yet, so I don't know if they are
any good.

> Question: is the contact address that is mentioned on the project
> website still correct? If not, who should I contact?

No idea - but not everyone reads his/her mail every day, so you probably
should be more patient. Two weeks is not much time, especially if the
author has to review a patch you wrote. I file some bug reports here and
there (which should be read by more than one person only) and even there
it sometimes takes months until I get a reply.

Andreas